Thursday, March 26, 2009

Global Snake Venom Information


I refer to an article by the University of Melbourne. "Developing A Global Antidote For Snake Bites: 100,000 People Die From Snake Bites Each Year." Science Daily 9 December 2008.

Considering my daughter's snake bite two years by a Rinkhals cobra (pictured) and various medical issues which her doctor is trying to establish if any of it relates to her snake bite I would encourage the reading of this article especially as here in Africa so little is known of the deadly venomous snakes. Even more recent to that incident, my daughter lost a friend in January this year from a venomous bite and within half an hour had passed away.

It seems that not enough information is being shared with Health and Safety Officials and doctors as to the emergency itself and what is required and to possible long term effects.

I will continue to insert any further information I receive as I have sent an email of enquiry regarding my daughters experience and long term effects, to the University in Australia. I look forward to any information anyone can provide through their own experiences.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/11/081127115320.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments to the subject of health on this Blog. Thank you